George Giannakopoulos - CEO
|B. Engineering (Hon), MAAPM|
The Medscope management team is led by CEO George Giannakopoulos. George has a wealth of business experience in the IT sector stretching eighteen years and first hand experience in commercialising software to an international market.
In 1992 George founded Myriax Pty Ltd (formally Verdant Pty Ltd.) with David Healtly. In 2009, Myriax has offices in Japan, USA and Europe and employs 61 staff. George ceased his operational role with Myriax in 2006 but continues to service on the Myriax board.
In 2006 George, along with Dr Stephen Chau, completed a management buyout of Verdant Pty Ltd and successfully positioned the new entity in the eHealth sector. Verdant has enjoyed significant success having grown consistently over 20% per annum in the last three years. Verdant's joint venture partners include CSIRO, Pharmacy Guild of Australia and Health Connect Australia. Verdant employs 7 staff.
In 2008, Medscope was formed to commercialise the Medication Review Manager borne from Verdant's work in the application of expert system technology in eHealth. George has raised over $750K in capital and pulled together a team of industry experts to bring Medication Review Manager to the world. Verdant owns 40% of Medscope, with the remaining 60% held by private investors.
Dr. Peter Tenni – Manager, Clinical Division
|M Pharm Curtin PhD UTAS AACPA|
Peter is widely recognised as one of Australia's leading clinical pharmacy practitioners and trainers.
Peter graduated with a BPharm in 1978 from the Western Australian Institute of Technology (now Curtin University). He commenced his career in hospital pharmacy in 1979, and spent seventeen years as a clinical pharmacy practitioner at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Royal Perth Hospital and Fremantle Hospital before joining Curtin University in 1997. In 2004, Peter and his family moved to Tasmania, where he completed a PhD relating to community pharmacists’ involvement in drug related problems.
Peter heads Medscope's clinical division which is responsible for managing MRM's clinical data. Peter's team continually monitors MRM's usage and qualifies the expert system's rules to accurately describe the accredited pharmacist's knowledge pool.